Getting to Veria from abroad
From Beograd-Skopia: Motorway E75 from Beograd to Skopia, approx. 440km and approx. 240km more from Skopia to Thessaloniki. Then motorway E90 (Egnatia Odos), approx. 80km to Veria.
From Sofia: Motorway E79 to Serres, approx. 210km and from Serres to Thessaloniki approx. 70km. Then motorway E90 (Egnatia Odos), approx. 80km to Veria Railway station (see: getting to Veria “from inland”).
• From Athens: From the Larissis Station in Athens choose train headed to Thessaloniki (Departures 06.50, 09.20, 10.50, 13.20, 14.50, 20.40, 22.55, 24.00, time-tables of February 27, 2010). You reach Plati (just before Thessaloniki) and from there you keep on with local time-tables (Plati-Veria), until you get to Veria* (total cost: 15 – 35 euro depending on the train).
• From Alexandroupoli: Choose train headed to Thessaloniki or/and Athens. You reach Thessaloniki and from there, you keep on with the (Veria-Thessaloniki) local time-tables, until you get to Veria*.
• From Thessaloniki: With the (Veria-Thessaloniki) local time-tables (Cost 2 euro approx., trains approx. every 1:30 hour)*.
• From Patra: Choose train headed to Kiato (Korinthos).From there reach by train Athens (Larissis Station). (Then see above for directions from Athens).*
• Larissis Station: From the airport 'El.Venizelos' take the bus X95 (website: www.oasa.gr ) to reach Sintagma.You will see the Metro Station Sintagma (website:http://www.ametro.gr /), take the Metro Line 2 (red line) to Ag. Antonios and stop to Larissis Station. Informations: visit the website: www.ose.gr , or call phonecenter: 1110.
From Veria Railway Station you get the local bus to the center of Veria (distance approx. 3 km., cost approx. 1 euro). At the final stop you have access to taxi (Trempesinas str.) within a distance of 30 m., to get to your hotel. Festival s venue – Antoniadi str, 19 – is within 300m from this point.
• From Athens: From Bus Station Kifisos (Imathia prefecture s buses) direct to Veria (cost 47 euro approx. with a return ticket, 7 hours travelling. Buses at 8:30, 14:30, time-tables of February 27, 2010).
• From Alexandroupoli: By bus to Thessaloniki and from there (Bus Station “Macedonia” - Imathia prefecture s buses) direct to Veria, see below (total cost: 35euro approx.).
• From Igoumenitsa: By bus (Thesprotia) direct to Veria (Cost: 25 euro approx.).
• From Thessaloniki: From Bus Station “Macedonia” - Imathia prefecture s buses direct to Veria. Cost 9 euro approx. with a return ticket. 1 or 1:20 hours duration. Buses at 5:40,6:15E, 6:30, 7:30, 8:15E,8:30, 9:15E, 9:30, 10:00, 10:15E, 10:45,11:15E, 11:45, 12:15E, 12:45,13:15E, 13:45, 14:15E, 14:45,15:15E, 15:45, 16:15E, 16:45, 17:15E, 17:45, 18:15E, 18:45, 19:15E, 19:45, 20:45E,21:00,9:30 , time-tables of February 27, 2010. Prefer the E, express time-tables).
• From Patra: By bus (Achaia) to Athens (Bus Station ¡Kifisos - Imathia prefecture s buses) and from there by bus direct to Veria (Cost 45 euro approx.).
• Bus Station 'Kifisos': From the airport 'El.Venizelos' take the bus X95 to reach Sintagma.You will see the Metro Station Sintagma, take the Metro Line 2 (red line) to Ag. Antonios and stop to Metaxourgio Station.When you get there turn right and in approx. 100 metres you will see a bus stop.Take the bus 53 and stop in the bus station 'Kifisos'. Informations: visit the website:
www.ktel.org or call phonecenter:14505.